[mythtv-users] Switching a MythTV laptop between independent and networked operation

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Jan 27 12:12:49 UTC 2012

I've recently moved three previously independent Fedora/RHEL Myth boxes
behind a router, and I have had the laptop working as a remote frontend.
  I haven't yet seen it work properly as a slave backend and I suspect
that managing a whole bunch of tuners, DVB-T SD and HD, in 0.24-fixes
will prove a pain.  But I'd like to be able to switch between modes, as
in the Subject, and I haven't found any startup scripts or the like that
would make this simpler. Of course the independent laptop would carry a
much smaller database.

Have I missed something (relevant)?   At present I don't use a startup
script at all.

I'd also like to be able to switch transmitter easily, for independent
use of the laptop in other places.  That might follow naturally from
such a script, but at present I find that importing an earlier scan in
the mythtvsetup channel editor doesn't carry the dvb transport settings
with it.

TIA

John P