[mythtv-users] EIT from single channel, i guess the data is there

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Jan 27 09:34:37 UTC 2012

Hi Lasse,

 >> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Denmark

 > but as far i can see these tools are scraping the webpages, i would
 > perfer to get at the information contained in the DVB stream, this way
 > i dont have to put load on the providers webpages for info that i
 > might or might not need :)

I agree that scraping a providers page sucks from a technical point of
view and is most likely a violation of their terms of use.

But there are other way to feed xmltv grabbers (like buying data from
ontv.dk or compiling them from the stations press sites like we do in
.se, .no, etc.)

 >>> Is there any clever way to access this data stream, maybe turn it

On the other hand your original question was about using some data that
is transmitted with the tv signal. That's either a custom guide from
your TV manufacturer (which you would need to license for MythTV, good
luck on that one) or its simply a format that is open but not yet
supported by MythTV. (like TV-Anytime in DVB guide data)

The first step to support that guide would be to figure out what it is
and if its proprietary or open.

Regards,
Karl

PS: I'm not affiliated with ontv and have no idea if their data is
great or not.