[mythtv-users] Vaapi use on Sandy Bridge

William Otten williammotten at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 21:54:34 UTC 2012

On 1/26/2012 2:33 PM, William Otten wrote:
> On 1/26/2012 1:35 PM, William Otten wrote:

>>> Tried the ubuntu-x-swat repo and no change. Still waiting for the
>>> mythtv update.
>> I reviewed the Mythtv how to site for troubleshooting and the webpage
>> is confusing for someone that isn't use to compiling. If I understand
>> it correctly, I need to re-compile mythtv with debugging.
> I wanted to find out if there were any compatibility problems with my
> hardware so I tried out Openelec. This seemed to work fine. The CPU
> usage was 6 - 12% and the recordings and videos played with a very
> good quality and no tearing.
I tried one quick test concerning opengl. I took the current playback
profile:
1080p
decoder - ffmpeg
render - xlib
OSD render - softblend
720p
decoder - ffmpeg
render - xvideo
OSD render - softblend

and changed it to:
1080p
decoder - ffmpeg
render - opengl / opengl-lite
OSD render - opengl2
720p
decoder - ffmpeg
render - opengl / opengl-lite
OSD render - opengl2

I got the same issue as before where one second of audio then mythtv
restarts. So it may point to opengl.