[mythtv-users] Why is HDHomerun Prime not recording so many shows?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 21:39:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Rick <rbonafied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine recently bought and configured an HDHomerun Prime for
> Myth with Comcast.  He has been noticing a slew of channels that are not
> recording properly.  Unfortunately, it's not consistent.  For example,
> the food network will record just fine for one show and then not record
> the next.  Even for the same show.  I've asked him to turn on more
> debugging in the backend.  In the meantime, is there something in the
> base logs that give a clue as to what's happening?

The Prime logs would likely be more enlightening.  The intermittency sounds
like you're not getting a channel map often enough, channels are "dropping
off" and thus are invalid when it attempts to tune.

Invariably, these problems tend to revolve around issues external to
MythTV-- network issues, issues with cablecard pairing and activation,
channel map issues on the Prime because of broken cable company practices,
etc.

Robert