[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.24.1, DVB-C and Kabel Deutschland: no EIT

Ditmar Unger ditmar at d-unger.de
Thu Jan 26 20:05:05 UTC 2012

Dear Karl and dear Klaas,

thanks a lot for your decisive hint, this solved the problem of having no EIT
with DVB-C.
Here a short explanation for all others who might run into the same situation:

The variable "networkid" in the table dtv_mltiplex has to be the "original
network ID"
In my case I took the network ID for Kabel Deutschland from
http://helpdesk.kdgforum.de/sendb/belegung.html
where the network ID (NID) is 61441. This is wrong for dtv_multiplex and
filling the *original* network ID, ONID=1, into the table, EIT/EPG is now
working.

The difference between those two IDs is explained (in German) in
http://de.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Senderlisten_Editor
which I myself didn't know until you gave me your hint.

Thanks again and regards,
Ditmar.