[mythtv-users] EIT from single channel, i guess the data is there

Lasse Knudsen lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:35:31 UTC 2012

Greetings,

My Sattelite provider here in denmark, is sending EIT information
along with the channels as expected, but the date here looks like its
only a couple of hours in the future, so its pretty much useless for
scheduling recordings. I however got a new reciever box for to watch
live tv on (i have never had much luck with mythtv and live tv, but
the recordings are brilliant), it turns out this new box recieves a
lot of EPG data, looks like days or maybe even a week for all
channels.
Is there any clever way to access this data stream, maybe turn it into
xml informatio?, the tool i found only ran windows and that is a
somewhat difficult requirement to fullfill considering my withtv is
running on linux :)

The scraped epgs allways miss one or two channels, so its not optimal

-Lasse