[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

Stefan Davids mythtv at stefan.davids.uk.net
Wed Jan 25 18:51:35 UTC 2012

On 25/01/12 15:04, Tim Draper wrote:

> no, i haven't tried that - and i also forgot to state I'm on mythbuntu
> 0.24.1, so not 0.25 master like you are.
> i have noted i generally get an advert skip at the start of the first
> advert break, and then one at the end of the last break, but nothing
> inbetween - just not reliable at all. definitely worse than it has
> been, but posting about it here just confirms my suspicions is that it
> just doesn't work that well in the UK, and is very dependant on the
> UK.
>
> i'd like to say it's got worse when the UK satellite (Astra 28.2E?)
> signal got moved from dvb-s to dvb-s2, but i cant back that up as may
> things have changed with my setup.

If you want commercial break detection in the UK I've found the script
on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper to be very reliable
on DVB-T (I've never tried DVB-S so I don't know if there are
differences which mean it doesn't work with that).  Probably not
relevant to the OP's problem though; in the UK I've never found
mythcommflag reliable except on the channel 5 variants.

Stefan