[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Tue Jan 24 03:10:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Daniel Osborne <myth at danielosborne.net>wrote:

> I use Plex. (plexapp.com)
> It's not free for Android, but it's only a few bucks and works well (I
> have an SGSII as well).
> Plus they have a native linux server.
>
> I haven't tested it personally with MythTV recordings, but I stream my
> MythVideo files with it. I don't see why it won't work with the recordings
> though. I've only encountered a single video file it can't play (my DVD rip
> of Star Trek 2011). It plays everywhere else just fine, and I used the same
> settings as all the other videos I've ripped, but it just doesn't like it
> for some reason. I'll probably re-rip it eventually.

I also use plex and am happy with it... Although I have to restart the
server side every now and again.
Nice thing about plex is that it retrieves metadata from the internet and
has a very nice display.

I was using airvideo but had installation issues on a later version of
mythbuntu from memory (missing dependencies).

Cheers

Phil