[mythtv-users] Where is myth getting it's credentials?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 03:01:36 UTC 2012

I am trying to help someone having authentication problems with
mythfrontend on ubuntu, so as an experiment to try and emulate his
errors I renamed /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt, /etc/mythtv/config.xml,
~nick/.mythtv/config.xml and ~nick/.mythtv/mysql.txt.

However when I start either mythfrontend or mythtv-setup (both of
which are wrapper scripts on mythbuntu) the corresponding programs
start without any hitch.

Where/how are they getting the credentials for the database? I
understood that these came from the above files, which I renamed.

Confused of Quaketown.