[mythtv-users] mythtv not deleting recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jan 23 14:51:09 UTC 2012

On 1/23/2012 09:40, Tim Draper wrote:
> mythweb shows 49 recordings. i actually have 149 .mpg files in my
> 'recordings' SG (excluding the *.png files)
> mythweb does correctly remove them from the 'Recorded Programs' list.

Is it possible you have a hundred Live TV sessions that have not yet
expired?  Default is for those to be deleted after 24 hours, but that
time limit can be changed.

Is it possible you have MythTV configured to "delete" recordings to the
Deleted group, at which point they wait around until you run out of disk
space and MythTV needs to start expiring content?

SELECT COUNT(1) FROM recorded;