[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 23 03:28:35 UTC 2012

On 12-01-22 10:02 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:

> Sounds like you have a broken seektable, which will break commflagging.

OK.  How can we prove that theory and if so, work around it?

FWIW, I just ran a commflag job manually with:

$ mythcommflag --chanid 3776 --dry-run --starttime 20120122200000
--method all --outputfile /tmp/commflag.out -v general,commflag

Didn't get any interesting debug output from mythcommflag but it did
report at the end:

10    066fps

/tmp/commflag.out contained:

commercialBreakListFor: Once Upon a Time on 3776 @ 2012-01-22T20:00:00
totalframecount: 95819
----------------------------
framenum: 1     marktype: 4
framenum: 816   marktype: 5
framenum: 10072 marktype: 4
framenum: 21930 marktype: 5
framenum: 22436 marktype: 4
framenum: 22892 marktype: 5
framenum: 31498 marktype: 4
framenum: 32391 marktype: 5
framenum: 33766 marktype: 4
framenum: 54825 marktype: 5
framenum: 60580 marktype: 4
framenum: 61306 marktype: 5
framenum: 62793 marktype: 4
framenum: 67725 marktype: 5
framenum: 73803 marktype: 4
framenum: 78335 marktype: 5
framenum: 80198 marktype: 4
framenum: 92766 marktype: 5
framenum: 95051 marktype: 4
framenum: 95807 marktype: 5
----------------------------

I'm not entirely sure what that's telling me but I would think it's
telling me there were 10 commercial breaks, is that right?

On going back and looking at that program in the frontend there are a
lot more than just the one break previously flagged.  So trying again on
another program, it most definitely only has the one break flagged.  Now
I will run a manual commflag:

mythcommflag --chanid 3153 --dry-run --starttime 20120122150000 --method
all --outputfile /tmp/commflag.out -v general,commflag

the /tmp/commflag.out file again has about 10 or 11 breaks flagged and
when I go back to the FE and check that program again there are way more
than that single break flagged again.

Cheers,
b.