[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 22 18:36:21 UTC 2012

* On Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 08:46:37PM -0500, George Nassas wrote:
> starttime. Calls related to transcoded streams, such as the one documented
> at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Content_Service#GetLiveStreamList, return
> neither. The closest thing the stream info returns is the source filename
> which sort of appears in recording metadata. There's no direct way to
> go from a stream to its title/description. On the other hand it's not
> terribly difficult to get it indirectly. I understand why that's so
> since videos can also be transcoded & streamed.

I plan on adding fields to the LiveStreamInfo object so that you can tell
what a given stream was for.  It's on my TODO, but behind a bunch of other
stuff such as allowing resuming a stopped stream, starting a stream at any
given position instead of the beginning, integration in MythWeb, and about
10-15 other lines of TODO items.

The Live Streaming code is in its infancy, there are a lot of improvements
planned.

--
Chris