[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Jan 21 15:54:38 UTC 2012

On 1/21/2012 07:11, Gordon McCrae wrote:
> So basically, the master field is the HASH value, not the filename,
> it's a secondary field and is changed when you scan for new media, so
> you can never see the two copies of the same file, only one entry for
> the HASH value with one of the file names.

Actually, the master field is the `intid`.  The `hash` field has no
special properties and can have duplicate entries if added manually with
an external utility.  Doing so results in strange behavior on the
frontend, which is why I wrote that short script you mentioned.

> The "oddity" I see, is that if I do have duplicates (I used to create
> links to the most recently added videos and put them in the "NEW
> VIDEOS" folder), then the filename flip-flops between the proper one
> and the link.

As the scanner passes over the one referenced in the database, it's an
exact filename match to existing content, so it ignores it and
continues.  As it passes over the second one, it detects an unknown
file, hashes it, notices that there is an existing hash match, and notes
that it needs to be updated.  Once it finishes the scan, it applies all
those changes.  The next time it scans, those first two steps are
reversed, and the scanner flips the entry to the other file.