[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 06:59:56 UTC 2012

Hi

On Saturday, 21 January 2012, Gordon McCrae <gordon.mccrae at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is in fact "looked at" again (at least in my 0.24.1 system). You get a
message stating that it's found an entry with the same hash, but different
name and updates the database entry to reflect the new file name.

> There's commentary in the Wiki that states "The location of any video
content will be updated automatically based off a matching hash, with no
loss of metadata, next time a Scan For Changes is triggered from the Watch
Videos menu."

> What also happens though is that it also seems to flip-flop between the
two names (assuming there's tow duplicate entries) each time you rescan.
Raymond Wagner produced a script to remove duplicates blindly from the
database so that there was only 1 unique entry.

None of which explain why if the same file is present twice, it is only
showed once.

All it explains, is that no matter what the file name is, it will show
under the same name due to the files having the same hash.