[mythtv-users] User Job to rip subtitles from each program

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 04:25:10 UTC 2012

So enabling that will allow me test the script out at least?

And yes that would probably be the best thing to do (use the current script
until 0.25) Raymond was right about %DIR% being the thing needed and i'm
grateful for the help, the original script writer also told me i should try
this but the thing is the script still fails as it only seems to work from
the command terminal when i open the terminal where the video/recording is
located and try
python ~dave/uksub2srt/uksub2srt.py -i video.mpg -o
~dave/subtitles/video.srt

as opposed to -i ~dave/videos/video.mpg (or where the recording is located
/lar/lib/mythtv/livetv)

i think this is because the script writes a failure folder with logs in the
directory of the video and it can't do it in this case; the error it gives
is

error: the file /var/lib/livetv/failure/var/lib/livetv/video.mpg.txt does
not exist..

why does it have to do that ? :(

thanks alot for the help btw, especially raymond -very much appreciated