[mythtv-users] pes length & current cannot be queried

Scott Pleavin spleavin0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:29:45 UTC 2012

I have two shows that I've recorded for over a year and since a couple
weeks ago will no longer record. When I look in the backend log file
(snippet is attached) there is an error "pes length & current cannot be
queried". I can't find any information on this error that helps. These
are back to back shows, the first show records for a 5-10 seconds then
fails with the above error message in the log file and the second show
fails to record anything. I thought it may have something to do with EIT
scan but changing this setting didn't help.

The two shows happen to be The Daily Show and The Colbert Report
broadcast on CTV over the air in Toronto.  I also record a number of
other shows from the same channel and the same tuner with no issues. I'm
using Mythtv v0.24.1-121-gb15199.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Scott