[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jan 19 03:41:11 UTC 2012

On 1/18/2012 22:30, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>> On 1/18/2012 22:22, Nick Rout wrote:
>>> OR mysql: delete from videometadata where filename like '%arrested%'
>> and potentially leave a bunch of orphaned cruft in the database.
> OK, my bad.
>
> Can you clarify? i know direct manipulation of mythconverg is frowned
> on, but out of curiosity, what other tables are linked to
> videometadata? What cruft might i be leaving?

Off the top of my head, videocategory and filemarkup reference
videometadata directly.  Then you have crosslinks in videometadatacast,
videometadatacountry, and videometadatagenre, which link with videocast,
videocountry, and videogenre, respectively.  The links should be
deleted, but the cast, country, and genre entries could potentially be
in use with other videos.

The recording tables have a housekeeper task that runs daily and removes
any such orphaned cruft if the primary entry in 'recorded' is manually
removed, but the video tables have no such routine.