[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jan 19 02:33:58 UTC 2012

On 1/18/2012 21:22, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> However, everytime I do a "Search for New Videos" (I
> think this is what causes it), "James Bond - Octopussy"
> goes and renames itself back to just "Octopussy".

There are only two times when MythVideo will ever alter metadata.  The
first is by you telling to to do so manually, either by 'w', or through
the menu entry.  The second is a one time batch grabber, that is
optionally run after scanning for content.  Once this batch grabber has
processed a video, it marks such in the database, and will never process
that particular video again.