[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Jan 19 02:22:22 UTC 2012

On 19/01/12 12:10, Ian Evans wrote:
> Ok...ripped a series DVD to my video folder yesterday. When I
> retrieved the info the series name and banner art was all correct.
> Looked beautiful in the Mythbuntu theme
>
> name format was /Arrested Development/1x01 Subtitle.mpg
>
> Woke up today.
>
> Text across the top was still:
>
> Video Home>  videos>Arrested Development
>
> But the Show had been renamed to "Teletubbies I Sneen" and the banner
> art was the Teletubbies.
>
> Episode titles were still correct. I don't own Teletubbies, I don't
> watch Teletubbies, I don't have kids. How the heck did this happen?

I get this too!

I have a bunch of my James Bond DVDs ripped, and after originally fetching
the metadata, I prefixed all the titles with "James Bond - Blah".  This way
they would all stay together.  However, everytime I do a "Search for New
Videos" (I think this is what causes it), "James Bond - Octopussy" goes and
renames itself back to just "Octopussy".  It's the only one that does it
too.  Damn weird.

Not as weird as Telletubbies though.

-kt