[mythtv-users] Core i5 or i7 processor for combined BE/FE?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:51:05 UTC 2012

On 19 January 2012 09:04, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> My BE does everything you listed above and more, and the CPU is pretty much
> constantly idle: hence the power saving being the same.
>
> Having said that the processor I used before a e8200 core 2 duo was just as
> good too and I never felt the machine wasn't fast enough. The processor will
> spent most of its time idling..

Here is an article comparin the i5-2400 to the i5-2400S ;
showing the overall, the power usage of the i5-2400 was actually lower
(I guess because it runs tasks quicker).

I couldn't find the one comparing the i5-2300 to the i5-2400S I used
when I made my decision, but I clearly remember that the difference
between the two was even greater, and the i5-2300 using even less
overall.

JY