[mythtv-users] Motherboard upgrade question - ION2 or CPU grunt?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jan 18 19:21:51 UTC 2012

On 18/01/12 18:44, David Edwards wrote:
> On 16 January 2012 12:17, Mike Perkins<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>  wrote:
>
>> against the case: read, no room for a fan and no circulation for a passive
>> card.
>>

> I tried an AT510NT-I last year, but I found it overheated without a fan
> even with the case open. So I returned it. YMMV.

Thanks. I have read about the potential overheating problems. Fortunately my
case already has a reasonably quiet fan. As I've now sent off for a AT510NT-I, I
hope it's going to be enough.

-> The fan I mentioned above was for a separate video card which had it's own
cooling fan. No room for that, and the card would be wedged against the case: no
circulation.

--

Mike Perkins