[mythtv-users] Core i5 or i7 processor for combined BE/FE?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:04:56 UTC 2012

I have an q6600 core 2 quad which is equivalent on many metrics to the 35w
i5 processor. My setup is similar to your proposed system. I have a
combined febe with additional fe. 3 (1 hd) physical tuners each with 3
virtual tuners (9 total).

I use a drive for of and db. A second for recordings and a third for
library (file server, videos images, music). The only thing I have done is
only allow a single user job to run at a time as dusk ip was getting
saturated.

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on an Android
smartphone.

Thanks and best regards
Richard Morton