[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:03:36 UTC 2012

> You can also have a look on bubbleUNP. It works as an Android client for
> MythTV without having to set up anything. Use VPlayer as renderer. Have
> a look here:

Thanks for the pointer on this. I've got this up and running very
easily and it doesn't need any intermediate transcoders such as PS3
Media Server or Air Server. The other good thing is that because it
seems to talk directly to MythTV UPnP it categorises the recordings to
make it easier to find what you want, and it gives friendly recording
names, not unfriendly .mpg file names. And on top of that it's
possible to move forwards and backrwards through a recording with
VPlayer.

So this looks very exciting. Thanks very much!