[mythtv-users] VDPAU Feedback

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Jan 17 05:33:47 UTC 2012

On 1/16/2012 9:20 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 17 January 2012 15:56, Kirk Bocek<t004 at kbocek.com>  wrote:
>> Unfortunately, for MythTV there are whole slew of kernel modules that
>> would need to be compile along with the custom kernel: nvidia, alsa,
>> lirc. Maybe some others. I think the effort involved would outstrip the
>> benefit.
>
> other than nvidia (which is trivial to install); all new kernels
> include all the modules you listed.

Really, lirc? I thought that was special. Learn something new every day.
Thanks.

You piped in on my GT-430/CentOS 5. Regardless, that is a symptom of the
kind of problem that will only get worse as time goes on and the
developers of the various subsystems only develop for newer kernels.

Figuring out my problems with CentOS 6 is going to be a better use of my
time.