[mythtv-users] 23.976fps choppy playback

Wil nodenet at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:17:34 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012, Sebastian Jambor <crepels [at] gmx.net>wrote:

> I assume you are talking about the certificates to get the volume ID? This
> part of the AACS scheme always seemed to be the most flawed to me. Any
> software player able to play blu ray discs has to communicate with the
> drive
> to get the volume ID. This communication can be intercepted, e.g. with
> strace.

Thanks for this info. I was actually going to try this later on as I did
read about it earlier, useful to know strace can be used to do it.

> This information is a bit dated. There are keys available for MKBv25, and
> this
> is the latest version, as far as I know, which should allow you to play
> all
> discs not encrypted with BD+.

Thanks for this info, shouldn't have taken makemkv to be an easy way out.

I did find out why mythavtest and mythvideo playback of BR folder structure
was blank using my VDPAU playback profile. It appears that they both pick
the SD part of my playback profile which in my instance is obviously not
compatible with HD playback (I'm probably in the minority of people who
adjusted the settings for SD). I'm guessing no resolution is available when
the choice is made, so it probably just defaults to 0 0 and follows the
rules associated with that choice.

Will