[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py error

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Mon Jan 16 22:27:14 UTC 2012

On 01/16/2012 04:50 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/16/2012 16:46, Jeff Siddall wrote:
>> /usr/local/bin/find_orphans.py
>>      File "/usr/local/bin/find_orphans.py", line 57
>>        with DB as c:
>>              ^
>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>

>> This is a CentOS 5.2 system.  Any ideas?
>
> Your system is too old to run that script.  The 'with' construct was in
> staging in Python 2.5, requiring a special future import to make it
> work, and was not proper syntax until Python 2.6.  CentOS 5 uses Python 2.4.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I do have python2.6 installed.  When I run
it with that I now get:

python2.6 ./find_orphans.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./find_orphans.py", line 3, in <module>
     from MythTV import MythDB, MythBE, Recorded, MythError
ImportError: No module named MythTV

Hmmm...

rpm -ql python-MythTV shows myth python stuff is installed in
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MythTV

Is that what is missing?  If so is there some easy way I can tell
python2.6 to look there?

Jeff