[mythtv-users] Adding extra storage to BE

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Jan 16 21:29:04 UTC 2012

On 16.01.2012 22:20, Chris Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling to add an extra hard drive to my combined BE/FE.
>
> I have installed the second drive and mounted it, but then I go to the
> default storage group and add it as an additional folder.
>
> Now all recordings fail? I am guessing that its going to be something to
> do with permissions but I'm at a loss as to how to solve it.
>
> I won't be back at the machine until Wednesday but was wondering if
> anyone can offer any advice?

mount the new disk in some place like /the/new/disk and add a directory
for the standard storage group as /the/new/disk/recordings owned and
writeable by mythtv:mythtv (or whoever your backend runs as)
Then add that directory to your storage group.

For details see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Storage_Groups#Quick_Rules

Regards,
Karl