[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase and xmltv not playing nicely together

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 16 18:11:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have some problems getting mythfilldatabase to work nicely with
xmltv after some necessary changes in the grabber that I mantain
(tv_grab_eu_epgdata).

If running mythfilldatabase as usual, I always get an "Error in 1:1:
error occurred while parsing element" in the logs. If I run the
grabber manually and feed the output into mythfilldatabase, it works
fine. Running xmllint on the grabber output doesn't reveal anything
special. Using -v xmltv with mythfilldatabase doesn't show any
problems either, besides the mentioned error message right after the
xmltv output.

Is there any way to pipe or log what's going on between xmltv and
mythfilldatabase, so I can actually see the data that causes the parse
error? I suspect some garbage output or error message that only
appears when running xmltv through mythfilldatabase. IIUC the debug
log output, the xmltv data is not piped to standard out, but to a
temporary file. mythfilldatabase seems to delete this file after the
run though, so I can't investigate that. Is there some way to tell
mythfilldatabase to not clean up behind itself?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/