[mythtv-users] VDPAU Feedback

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Jan 16 17:17:30 UTC 2012

On 1/16/2012 8:50 AM, Pieter De Wit wrote:
> On 16/01/2012 23:47, Neil Bird wrote:
>> Around about 12/01/12 19:21, Pieter De Wit typed ...
>>> I got my hands on a Leadtech (Leadtek ?) GeForce 450. The prime
>>> reason for
>>> going for the upgrade (from a 7800 GTX GoldenSample) was to utilize
>>> HDMI+Audio.
>>
>>    D'you mind sharing the specs. of the card?  I'm about to start
>> building a new Myth box myself.  Are you getting 1080P out of it over
>> the HDMI?
>>
> Hi Neil,
>
> I agree with what Andrew said. Here is the card I was aiming for:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gt_220_us.html

The GT-220 is what I've been using for a couple of years on my main
setup. However, having just had it fail and gone out into the bush to
look for a direct replacement, I can now tell you with some authority
that they are now becoming harder to find. They're still out there, but
they're on their way out.