[mythtv-users] rip DVD (I own) to storage with menus

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 16 16:31:18 UTC 2012

I own a DVD that I'd like to make available in mythvideo as a complete
copy of the original DVD, including menus, etc.  Put another way, when
the user selects the file from mythvideo, I want it presented exactly as
if they were watching the DVD, complete with all titles and menus.

And I want to compress the titles with something like x264.

I can surely use something like Handbrake to encode and compress each
title as it's own video but I want to maintain the presentation of the
original DVD complete with the menus.

Can this be done, and what's the best way to achieve it?

Cheers,
b.