[mythtv-users] VDPAU Feedback

Andrew McCauley ajmccauley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:48:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:47 AM, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 12/01/12 19:21, Pieter De Wit typed ...
>> I got my hands on a Leadtech (Leadtek ?) GeForce 450. The prime reason for
>> going for the upgrade (from a 7800 GTX GoldenSample) was to utilize
>> HDMI+Audio.
>
>   D'you mind sharing the specs. of the card?  I'm about to start building a
> new Myth box myself.  Are you getting 1080P out of it over the HDMI?

I don't think you need to spend the money on a 450.  I recently
acquired an ASUS GeForce GT 430 for 50.  In my mythtv box it can
easily handle anything I through at it.

Mainly, I am playing US based over the air broadcast television via a
pair of Hauppauge cards, the USB based 850q and PCI based 1600.

The true test of this card is having it deinterlace 1080i content.
The play back of 1080i deinterlaced at 1080p is crystal clear and
smooth on my 50in 1080p lcd display via hdmi.  I play the audio via
HDMI as well. Playback CPU is ~10-20%.

My specs are:
Motherboard: MSI P55-GD80
Processor: Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz
RAM: A-DATA 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GT 430
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Green

I know it is a bit over powered, but it works quite well for my
purposes.  I have not had any issues with the only having one drive.
I get a slight stutter when a program ends/starts, but nothing to
worry about. Other then that it plays crystal clear, smooth video on
my 50in LCD display.