[mythtv-users] Motherboard upgrade question - ION2 or CPU grunt?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:24:08 UTC 2012

All the devs say use cpu power...

However I have a dual core ion 1 system I am happy with. My combined fe/be
is a quad core system with nvidia gt430 which is much quicker and nicer to
use.

I don't stream much flash but not had a problem with either. I do play
emulated games with just the main system though,i doubt the ion could
handle it.

In the end it's a personal choice but if in doubt go with cpu power.

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on an Android
smartphone.

Thanks and best regards
Richard Morton