[mythtv-users] UK: Problems tuning Hauppauge NOVA-T500 (DSO related?)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 16 11:53:18 UTC 2012

On 16/01/12 10:11, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 15/01/12 23:15, John Pilkington wrote:
>>
>> You shouldn't need to use anything outside mythtvsetup to populate the
>> channels.  At the New Year I was able to tune 4 of the 5 SD muxes there;
>> I think the 5th is very low power at present.  You may see it if you use
>> the 'link transports' option in the Channel scanner.  it's the one with
>> Film 4.
>>
>> Muxes are on 522, 498, 554 and 722 MHz and the TIDs are 4173, 8194,
>> 12290 and 20544 - but there's no way that I know of to enter these
>> without poking the database directly.
>>
> There's always the in-built transport editor. One might even say it was designed
> for that job :)

Yes:  I should have been more careful.  Enter the frequencies there and
let the TIDs be found by the scan;  I put in the comment about that
because of the problems I had with my HD tuner.  For that the scan found
the NETIDs and TIDs but _didn't_ put them into the database.
HD recordings then failed.

Use transport editor to define the frequency of one or more muxes as
quoted above for Sandy Heath or found from eg

http://www.ukfree.tv/shutdowndetail.php?tx=TL204494

Then: Delete all dvb-t channels.  Scan all known transports with 'link
transports' enabled; after that examine transports again and delete any
for which no ID info has appeared.  Repeat until you have five SD
transports and no duplicate channels.

For HD (with a DVB-T capable tuner) see the start and end of this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/499078#499078

John P