[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Alan Foster alan.foster at bethere.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 11:29:33 UTC 2012

You could take a look at mythdroid

http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/
Although it says "A MythTV remote control system for Android" it will
also stream videos/recordings and more.

I've got it working with myth 0.24 and ubuntu 10.04 BE/FE and 11.10 FE
The phone is HTC Wildfire S, video streaming is not brilliant but I
don't expect this phone to excel, it's willing and proves the concept.

It needs vlc on the BE to do the transcoding and you will need to
install mdd from the mythdroid link above.
I also had to install extra perl modules for mdd. It flags up its
requirements during install.