[mythtv-users] mythmusic 0.24.1-fixes errors on some ogg vorbis files

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 17:09:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a fair bit of music and recently used MusicBrainz to re-organise it.
Since then some music wont play in MythMusic. The error is "Could not open
file" and "AV decoder error: -2"
running mythfrontend with -v playback doesnt provide any more information.

the permission on one of the file exhibiting this is
-rwxrwxrwx 1 myth mythtv  5701149 2011-10-18 22:36 07 I'm Not Over You.ogg

which is very permissive and the same as all the other files that work; for
instance this file plays fine
-rwxrwxrwx 1 myth mythtv  6953539 2011-10-18 22:37 13 Surprise.ogg

the file that doesnt play, does play fine in VLC on the same system.

I am using spdif output and 48k output is forced in the playback settings,
for what its worth and in mythmusic settings it is configured to use the
default output.

VLC reports the file as being ogg vorbis 44.1k, 224kbps

any ideas?