[mythtv-users] Record Live Flash based Stream just like recording TV?

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Fri Jan 13 05:06:00 UTC 2012

The only reason I have Dish or cable is to watch hockey games via NHL Center
Ice (I'm a Bruins fan in NC).  I would rather just sign up for NHL Center
Ice on nhl.com and watch that way, but I've become really spoiled by MythTV,
especially the commercial flagging (thanks devs!).  Has anybody thought of a
way to schedule recording a live Flash based stream from something like
NHL.com (provided I sign up of course) and keep it just like any other
recording?

I'm guessing that this can't be done as-is at this point as I haven't seen
any documentation in the wiki or otherwise for something like this.  I could
probably manage to watch via MythNetVision if I write my own grabber, but I
would like the ability to record and watch later, which is what I usually
do.  And flag the ads, of course!

Any thoughts would be appreciated, and assuming that this isn't easily
doable, a little direction on a starting point on where I might begin to
look into this myself.  I'd like to be able to do this for next season if
possible.

Thanks,

Derek