[mythtv-users] warning for anyone with western digital green drives

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jan 12 09:15:54 UTC 2012

On 12-01-11 04:29 PM, Warpme wrote:

> Hi,

> -allocate 32MB or more for MySQL query cache (and other parameters
> accordingly to http://mysqltuner.pl/)

Would you still recommend increasing the query cache from the 16MB that
it seems to be defaulting to on Ubuntu:

$ grep query_cache /etc/mysql/my.cnf
query_cache_limit	= 1M
query_cache_size        = 16M

to 32MB even if the cache hit is 82.5%:

[OK] Query cache efficiency: 82.5% (244K cached / 296K selects)

?

My reschedules are still in the 18-23s range although perhaps more
consistently near 18s rather than the quite inconsistent low 20s to as
high as a few hundred seconds periodically.

I guess I will observe over time a bit longer.  I'd love to get down
into the single digits of seconds as you have done.  Given that I've
already put mysql's "tmpdir" on tmpfs I might be at that CPU bound point
given that I do only have a Celeron @ 2.4GHz.

Cheers,
b.