[mythtv-users] 23.976fps choppy playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 05:28:09 UTC 2012

Hi

On 12 January 2012 09:53, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com> wrote:
> You also mention using a 23.976Hz modeline.  Why are you using a modeline?
>  If you have an nVidia card (220GT+) they should support xrandr doing the
> framerate automatically (as I believe JYA's repo provides that as well).

xrandr is what is used to swtich framerate, however that particular
framerate has to be registrered with X.

Default nvidia detected framerate is 24Hz, it doesn't make distinction
between 23.976Hz used in the US and 24Hz used in PAL countries.

Hence, the use of custom modelines.. I've put those on the wiki in the
judder-free playback page.

I have to say that I watch daily BD disks ; original disks, not rip.
And I've never seen the problem mentioned in the original post.

Certainly nothing related to the 24fps framerate.

JY