[mythtv-users] problems with VIDEO_TS directories

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 12 03:51:55 UTC 2012

I'm starting to rip my DVD collection to my hard drive with the intent
of watching them in MythVideo. I started with ISO, but I ripped the
last couple as VIDEO_TS. I'm able to play the VIDEO_TS directories
(except see below), and I'm able to set a bookmark when I exit in the
middle of the movie or episode. However, when I play the same VIDEO_TS
later, expecting to resume at the bookmark, MythVideo simply starts at
the beginning without offering me the option to resume. The ISOs
respect the bookmark. This is on 0.24.1. Is this expected behavior? If
so, will 0.25 behave the same way? Am I better off just sticking to
ISO?

I've had one problem playing the VIDEO_TS directories. I've had to
first play an ISO (any ISO, even just for a second) before I could
play a VIDEO_TS. Without playing the ISO first, I'd get the "Please
Wait..." message for 30 seconds or so and then I was returned to the
menu. I've only tried this a couple of times, so maybe it's just a
fluke. I did see it on two different frontends, however, trying and
failing with multiple VIDEO_TS directories before playing an ISO,
after which the VIDEO_TS directories started right up.