[mythtv-users] Share your transcode settings!

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Jan 11 23:19:52 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 17:16, Jeremy Jones wrote:

>     I really like the results obtained by running mythtranscode, used in
>     fifodir mode into ffmpeg. You still get to cut adverts out, plus
>     you get full control of recompression. You can maintain interlace, or
>     deinterlace and double the frame rate. My script is linked to from
>     the mythtranscode wiki page: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythtranscode.
>     May not do exactly what you want, but should be easy to alter.
>

> Can you change from HD to SD and still keep the Mpeg-ts container?  Or
> does it have to go into a nuv?

What you can do is limited only by the capabilities of the encoder you
use (e.g. ffmpeg). My script always produces h264 video in an mp4
container, but little tweaks to the script could change that to
anything else that ffmpeg supports. Changing from HD to SD is
just a case of specifying the frame size.

Here's one of the user jobs I've set up in MythTv to use the script,
in case you want to try it out.

/home/paul/bin/mythar --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
--title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
/home/public/video/Archive --interlaced

Cheers,
	Paul.