[mythtv-users] Share your transcode settings!

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Jan 11 23:12:31 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 17:20, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 12:09, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> I really like the results obtained by running mythtranscode, used in
>> fifodir mode into ffmpeg.
>
> You may consider looking into nuvexport, since that is how it is
> designed to operate, and fifo mode was added explicitly for it.

Yeah I know of nuvexport. Looks nice. I partly derived my script
by looking at nuvexport. It was just that I wanted to be able to
pass interlaced content through without change, recompressing
it in the same form. At the time, I wasn't sure whether nuvexport
had that feature. Also when downscaling interlaced content, I
wanted to double frame rate, to maintain the smooth motion.

Have you seen the feature introduced here
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10008 ? It fixes some problems with
cutting in
fifo mode. I imagine it would help nuvexport. Possibly only
certain sources have the problems that this feature fixes.

Cheers,
	Paul.