[mythtv-users] uPNP WD TV Live

mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Jan 11 20:05:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:

> Raymond Wagner wrote:
> > On 1/11/2012 12:52, Ken Smith wrote:
> >
> >> I've been using MythTV for years, currently on 0.24.1. I'm only now
> >> trying out uPNP with a WD TV Live unit.
> >>
> >> But the MythBackend does not show up on the WD TV Videos, Media Server
> >> selection.
> >>
> > Have you ever configured MythTV to allow a remote frontend?  The two IP
> > settings in mythtv-setup -->  General tell applications where to access
> > the backend, and if you have them set to 127.0.0.1, only those
> > applications running on the same host will be able to connect.
> > Similarly, if you have those IPs set to 127.0.0.1, mythbackend will
> > automatically disable the UPNP server, as there is no purpose to running
> > UPNP on a single host.
> >
> The LAN IP address is set in the General settings. I have several other
> Myth Frontends running fine.
>
> I did just change the uPNP setting from Video to Recordings and the
> update interval is the default 30 secs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken
>
> Can you make a connection to the uPNP server by disabling the firewall?

I had problems a few months ago creating the proper firewall rules to allow
for the uPNP server until I disabled the firewall.  After that, the server
popped right up on my other devices.  I have been meaning to make a second
attempt.  Right now, I have the firewall disabled and I'd like to change
that (it's behind my router and there are no external ports forwarded to
it).

Jerry