[mythtv-users] Ubuntu TV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 11 20:03:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if the disconnect here is my fault, or the misinterpretation of
> others, or a combination of the two. If it's me, I apologize. But I don't
> see MythTV as being just a television.

I agree completely, but unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be
enough resources to fully realize the potential of this.

There was a nice plugin called MythRecipe that was ideal for the
kitchen front end:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mythtv-convergence,1373-3.html

but like MythPhone it hasn't been maintained and has fallen out of
use.  I'd love to have a machine in the kitchen that could display
TV/radio/video, recipes, perform video conferencing, show news from
the web, etc., etc., but there really isn't anything that can pull all
of this together right now.

Eric