[mythtv-users] 0.25_pre20120105: Dialog box "Scan for Changes" in Videos not updating properly

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jan 11 19:55:09 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 11:36 PM, jk90090 wrote:
> Gentoo, MythTV 0.25 commits from manual ebuild 0.25_pre20120105
>
> For every file that the scan find, I get the following error:
>      CoreContext mythprogressdialog.cpp:177 (customEvent) - Error, event
> claims to be a progress update but fails to cast
>
> The bar in the dialog box never progresses and the box also doesn't say
> 'scanning' or whatever anymore.
>
> Been broken for a little while (several commits), just now getting to
> reporting it.
>
> To recreate:  Main Menu ->  "Watch Videos" ->  Menu ->  "Scan For Changes"
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> -JK

Scanning for changes isn't working for me now, in 0.24-fixes, but I had
assumed that something had gone awry during my recent Fedora 14 to 15
upgrade.  I still see files that have been in my Video directories for
some time, but none that I have put there recently.  The frontend log
reports  'buildFileList' and 'MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning'
for the expected directories - in that order - but no new files appear;
  I haven't tried the effect of removing an old one.  Permissions look ok.

I suspect that I need to check for new ISP-generated hostnames screwing
things up after the upgrade, but maybe it's a real bug. I haven't tried
it often.

fixes/0.24 [v0.24.1-106-g31e9528] from ATrpms.

John P