[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not populating EPG

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:05:50 UTC 2012

On 11 January 2012 18:39, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:
> damn it!!
>
> you are right and infact my file is in the correct format!  I just posted
> the wrong thing.

Another issue is that your digital channels with XMLTVIDs are not
actually tuneable - in your pastebin all channels with a valid ID /do
not/ have a serviceid, which means they are not tuneable in MythTV.
Irrespective of whether you are using EIT data, digital channels need
to be tuneable to be able to record from them.

Ideally you should see something like this:

callsign        serviceid       sourceid        xmltvid
BBC ONE 4161    2      west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
BBC TWO 4287    2      bbc2.bbc.co.uk

There should only be one copy of each channel on each video source -
you appear to have two copies, each with different callsigns. One set
of channels has valid serviceids, the other set valid XMLTV IDs. You
need one set of channels with both!

How did you associate XMLTV IDs with your scanned channels and
generate the 5 letter callsigns?

Cheers,
Nick

--