[mythtv-users] Is interleaving memory still the best bet for an Atom?

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 18:53:21 UTC 2012

On 1/11/12 10:46 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM, jk90090<jk90090 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Maybe I'm just delusional but all of my transcoded material (to MP4 via
>> native mythtv transcode settings) seem like it isn't going through VDPAU
>> acceleration.  Can someone prove me wrong?
> MP4 is just the container format. It can contain video encoded with
> various codecs, including h264, divx, xvid, and others. Additionally,
> you can have various encoding profiles and resolutions, only some of
> which may be supported by your VDPAU hardware. Without knowing the
> specifics it's hard to say whether or not VDPAU should support it, but
> there are most definitely encodings it will not handle. As was
> recently pointed out in another thread, it doesn't handle interlaced
> VC1 videos (apparently common on some British blurays). I've also, on
> a few occasions, accidentally transcoded a video to a resolution
> greater than 1920x1080. The resulting video exhibited very poor
> performance (lots of pausing/stuttering).

These are my settings (for the Medium Quality transcoder setting):

Advanced -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles -> Transcoders ->

  * Medium Quality - Resize video while transcoding, 1280x720, MPEG4,
    2200 Bitrate, Max Qual 2, Min Qual 15, Max qual diff between frames
    3, Scale bitrate for frame size, Enable High-quality encoding,
    Enable 4MV encoding; MP3 audio, 32000 sampling rate, qual 7, volume 90%