[mythtv-users] uPNP WD TV Live

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jan 11 17:57:11 UTC 2012

On 1/11/2012 12:52, Ken Smith wrote:
> I've been using MythTV for years, currently on 0.24.1. I'm only now
> trying out uPNP with a WD TV Live unit.
>
> But the MythBackend does not show up on the WD TV Videos, Media Server
> selection.

Have you ever configured MythTV to allow a remote frontend?  The two IP
settings in mythtv-setup --> General tell applications where to access
the backend, and if you have them set to 127.0.0.1, only those
applications running on the same host will be able to connect.
Similarly, if you have those IPs set to 127.0.0.1, mythbackend will
automatically disable the UPNP server, as there is no purpose to running
UPNP on a single host.