[mythtv-users] Is interleaving memory still the best bet for an Atom?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jan 11 15:36:23 UTC 2012

On 1/11/2012 10:26, jk90090 wrote:
> On 1/11/12 1:55 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> On 11 January 2012 17:47, jk90090<jk90090 at gmail.com>   wrote:
>>> JY, sounds great, any 1080i or 720p playback issues?
>> Nope...
>>
>> Using VDPAU Normal as the 320M isn't fast enough for High Quality
> Just checking, but I have read about "vdpaubuffersize=xx" being used for
> VDPAU issues in the forums.  Did you make any sort of adjustments to see
> if HQ would work?

vdpaubuffersize is intended to allocate additional buffer space for
videos that use too many reference frames, and fall outside the
specification of what the decoder ASIC is actually intended to handle.
All of the different VDPAU playback profiles in MythTV just change the
deinterlacers, which are implemented independently of the decoder in the
graphics shaders.