[mythtv-users] Is interleaving memory still the best bet for an Atom?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jan 11 12:56:32 UTC 2012

On 12-01-11 07:31 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> I didn't pay for mine as it was an unused one at my office.

Ahh.  Well, I would certainly use one also if I had somebody give it to
me for free.  :-)

> Having said that, based on how well it works, how silent it is and how
> beautiful it looks: $600 is a good deal

Perhaps.  I think I still have a hard time justifying almost 3x (2x at
least anyway) cost over an ION[2] based nettop.

But then again, I don't do mythnetvision.  I watch what I record (both
analog and clearqam) so VDPAU serves me well.  And well, bluray... Is it
even a for-real reality or does it still only work with "older" media?
Unless I can put _any_ BR disk into my FE and have it play, I won't even
consider introducing it to the family.

Given that flash has VDPAU support, I wonder if and/or how long it will
be until all flash content will use it -- making the ION[2] all that
more useful.

b.