[mythtv-users] Having Trouble setting up Mythexport

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Jan 11 01:37:04 UTC 2012

I am having trouble setting up mythexport on Mythbuntu 11.10

I have tried installing mythexport through myth control center and a
couple times via apt.

Mythexport installed  fine. I ran the following command as instructed:

<mythexport setup>
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/mythtv/videos && sudo chmod 775
/var/lib/mythtv/videos && sudo chown mythtv:mythtv
/var/lib/mythtv/videos && sudo ln -s -f /var/lib/mythtv/videos
/var/www/mythexport/video^C
root at mythtv-1:/var/lib/mythtv#

I restarted Apache, but get the following error in a browser:

<Browser Error>
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mythexport/video/ on this server.

Apache error log shows the following:

<Apache Error Log>
[Tue Jan 10 19:23:35 2012] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Symbolic link not
allowed or link target not accessible: /var/www/mythexport/video

Any ideas how to fix this?